Thursday, February 7, 2008

Once again....

I almost wrote this blog all bitchy and complaining-like...but decided, what's the point? No one wants to hear that! So, I will spare you! ;) So, the reason my ankle/heels have been hurting like you know what lately is because I developed Plantar's Fasciitis. Yup...goodie! So, I haven't "ran" since Saturday, and I'm feeling reeeeeeeally lazy. I have been biking everyday since Monday though. My dad said that would be good enough. Really though...is it weird that it is driving me absolutely NUTS that I cannot run??? I think I lost a little bit of my pudgy, lazy self when I decided I was going to run this 5k. Yay!!

My ankles/heels do feel better and I am going to attempt to run today, but I am scared. I've read on most sites that the only thing that really heals this is rest. 2-18 months of rest to be exact! Don't these doctors know I have a race on March 1st!!? AH! So I was thinking in the shower this morning that I would start running again, complete the 5k (God willing) and then rest. Is that insane for me to do? I don't know... I just really want to do this.

I feel so good after I run... like I accomplished something. I missed that feeling of pushing yourself at the very end and your muscles are burning when you're done. I finally get that feeling again.

I've decided I will run/walk it today and see how it feels. I am going to run this race if it kills me.

I wonder if anyone even reads my blog...I read a lot of other people's blogs. I find inspiration from them all the time.

heheh... I think I complained like I said I wasn't going to. BUT i didn't complain as much as I could have ;)

Wish me luck...and for those of you who pray, pray for me!

"It only hurts up to a point, and then it doesn't get any worse."

No comments: